If you have followed my page and advice for any length of time, you will know that I LOVE the portion plate guidelines. They are so simple, realistic, effective and easy.
Recently I did a Facebook Live video lesson on the topic. You can view it below. I kept it super simple and actionable.
5 Reasons why I love the portion plate guidelines
1 . Contains all 3 macronutrients
Each one has a different “job” to do in our body. Protein for muscle and cell maintenance. Carbs for energy. Healthy fats for vitamin absorption.
I can choose any protein, fat or carbohydrate source that I prefer
3. Keeps blood sugar levels managed and stable
Further reading HERE >> Managing your blood sugar levels for health and weight loss
4. Low in calories, yet high in nutrients
Perfect if I am watching my weight.
Further reading HERE >> 3 ridiculously simple steps to health and weight management
5. Easy to fit into my life.
I can have more of one macronutrient at one meal, then compensate by reducing at my next meal.
Make sure you don’t make this very common mistake.
(watch the above video to find out more)
Want more health and coaching to reach your fitness and fat loss goals?
Find out how I can help you >>> HERE <<<
- Michelle’s 35kg weight loss success using balance and moderation
- 3 ridiculously simple steps to health and weight management
- Managing blood sugar levels for health and weight
- Surprising facts about calories that you NEED to know