8 Week Beginners Mindfulness and Meditation course
Learn how to unplug from your over-thinking monkey mind,
so that you have the space to connect back in with yourself.
We all know the importance of looking after our bodies. We know that physical exercise and eating well keep us fit and healthy.
But what do you do to look after your mind and keep it healthy too?
The brain is the most important organ of the body. The brains job is to think, but sometimes too much thinking can become a problem. Unnecessary, unhelpful, even untrue thoughts that spin round our heads on endless repeat.
Mindfulness training teaches us how to manage those thoughts and create some much needed space from them.
Mindfulness training is fitness for the brain.
Mindfulness and its benefits are explained in the video below…
Some benefits of Mindfulness and Meditation
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Let go of your inner critic and negative self talk
- Greater resilience
- Learn how to be in the present moment, instead of caught up in your thoughts
- Improve sleep
- Improved focus, concentration and memory
- Improved confidence and self esteem
Proven tools and techniques.
Take a break from your over-thinking mind.
Chriss Tinslay - Your Mindfulness Mentor
Each weekly mindfulness class will include ..
- Connection and sharing with the group (if you feel so inclined)
- Short meditations (obviously). Anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes towards the end of the 8 week course.
- Short Readings from books that will profoundly change you
- Movement Meditation- qui gong, in between all the sitting, to shake things up.
- Lessons about HOW and WHY to meditate
Lessons on the following
- Stimulation addiction – the constant need for moving, doing, consuming, thinking, worrying, checking, etc.
- The inability to be in silence, stillness and even boredom and how to overcome this
- Benefits of mindfulness meditation
- How to get out of the stress zone ( which most of us live in) and into the relaxation and healing zone.
- How to actually achieve meditation. (hint – it’s NOT trying to get rid of your thoughts)
- Withdrawal symptoms are normal – Restlessness, monkey mind, judging the process, And what to do about them.
- How to incorporate peace and presence into your day, because that’s the important part
- Cognitive diffusion (my all time fav lesson). AKA – you are NOT your thoughts, you are the observer of them
- How to get out of your thoughts and into the present moment. Giving your brain a well deserved break from excessive monkey mind thinking.
- What Meditation is not ( you might be surprised)
- Mindful eating
- And sooooooo much more
We will start slow and easy in week 1 and build / improve each consecutive week.
Allow yourself to be a beginner.
Moorebank NSW – (exact location will be supplied upon joining)
Tuesdays 11 am – 12.15 pm
Term – August 6th – September 24th
Saturdays 10 am – 11.15 am
Term – August 10 – September 28th
Night sessions starting October
$189 – 8 week program
Class numbers are strictly limited to ensure personalised attention.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Do I have to sit on the floor?
A. No. Most people sit on chairs, however feel free to sit on the floor if you’d like.
Q. Is this yoga?
No, its training for the mind, not the body.
Q. Do we walk in and meditate for an hour?
A. No. The session will be a mix of lessons, sharing, connection, meditation and some easy movements. You will walk out feeling energised, refreshed, calm and at peace.
Q. Is it therapy
Q. Isn’t meditation just for hippies?
A. Mindfulness Meditation is based on science and facts. Many celebrities, elite sports and business people use mindfulness and meditation to improve their performance.
It has been shown to change your brain, making you better equipped to deal with everyday stressors.
Q. What will I actually achieve after the 8 weeks?
A. You will feel more at peace, calm and have more energy. You will be much better equipped to handle the stressors in your everyday life. You wont be exhausted from your excessive thinking. You will learn how to detach from your negative thoughts and feelings, knowing those things are separate to you, NOT YOU.
Moorebank meditation studio
Transformation is an inside job.