Hey there gorgeous, so glad you’re here.
Let me introduce myself…
I’m Chriss Tinslay – Your Mindfulness Mentor
My mission is to help busy, overwhelmed women tame their over-thinking monkey mind, so they have the mental energy to live their best life.
I run live and local Mindfulness Meditation sessions each week. A time and place where you can unplug from the stressors of the world to connect back in with yourself.
Now before you go thinking that I’m all unicorn and rainbows, let me explain.
I was once an anxious over-thinking worrier.
Filled with self doubts…
- Im not good enough
- Im too old
- No-one will listen to me
- I’m a crap Mum
- I’m a hopeless wife
- Blah, blah, blah
- I could go on and on… but you get the picture
The thing is you would have never known any of this by looking at me. I kept these thoughts well hidden to those around me.
It was exhausting. All of the mental chatter. Most of it negative. It took a toll.
By the end of each day, I would find myself reaching for something unhealthy to help me drown out the noise in my head.
I knew I couldn’t go on like this for much longer. I was nearing burn-out.
Then I discovered Mindfulness, Meditation and Acceptance Commitment Therapy.
Those 3 modalities when combined together have been truly life changing for me.
I have learned how to be in and enjoy the present moment, how to observe my thoughts but not identify or get caught up in them and how to manage my anxiety.
Am I perfect?
Ha!! Not even close.
I’m a work in progress, just like everyone else. But I sure have come a loooooong way on my best life journey.
Now I want to share these teachings with you so that you can live your best life.
8 week beginners Mindfulness and Meditation course
10 fun facts about me..
- 1) I love all things 80’s. The daggier, the better
- 2) I am an only child and I chose to have only 1 child. It feels normal to me. I love her more than I ever thought possible
- 3) I love Wonder Woman ( I wanna be her when I grow up)
- 4) I got my first grey hair at age 24. I am mostly grey now. Thank goodness for hair dye.
- 5) I was a fitness and weight loss coach for 20+ years before I transitioned into mindfulness coaching. I became far more interested in what is weighing you down, rather than what you weigh.
- 6) I love the sky, especially the moon. The full moon seems magical to me
- 7) I have a great bunch of very close girlfriends. This is no accident. We know how busy life can be and we make an effort to stay close and in regular contact.
- 8) I LOVE my Pomeranian dog Timmy. He wandered into our lives quite by accident. I don’t know who got luckier, him or us.
- 9) Even though I love Mindfulness and Meditation, I’m not into green smoothies or yoga. You’d be more likely to see me tucking into a home made sanga (that’s a sandwich for non Aussies) and enjoying a glass of champagne with my besties.
- 10) ???