This yearly post is for purely selfish reasons.
To document and remember my year so I can look back at the highlights.
In 2016 I said I wanted to do more bush walks and hikes.
I’m happy to say I did.
- Wodi Wodi Track – This walk was a DOOZY!! I enjoyed it, but it wont be repeated. (Got lost and ended up walking for about 4 hours)
- Sublime Point 1000 stairs – multiple time. This one is my fav.
- Wedding cake rock. Loved it. Spectacular scenery.
- Camden bike track – OK so not really a bush walk, but very enjoyable none the less
- Mt Annan Botanical Gardens – Usually followed by lunch and a glass of wine
Musical theatre and shows
- Jimmy Barnes, Songs and Stories. LOVED this! The best one of the year for me. I laughed, cried and sang. 5 stars *****
- Kinky boots
- Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde – Fabulous
- Beautiful the Carole King musical – SO GOOD
- Golf lessons and games
- Horse riding
- Bike riding. I got a bike for my birthday December 2016. I hadn’t ridden a bike for about 30 years. I was wobbly and scared at first, now I love it. I try to go out a couple of times per week. Just 30 or 40 minutes. Never on the road.
- Sunday morning joggers club with the Mounties crew. Loved this, even though I fell over twice. Always a highlight of my week.
- Jewellery making
- Macramé lessons with Holly
- Painting class with Holly
We bought a house !!
Very excited to say we bought a house down the south coast. Shell Cove near where the new Marina will be built. It looks amazing.
We wont be moving in for at least 4 years (when my daughter leaves school).
- Bali holiday with the extended family. A wonderful time
- Port Douglas holiday with family and friends. Highlight was snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef. Absolutely amazing.
- Melbourne races with a punters club. A first for me.
- Dalmeny beach holiday wh
- Keratin hair straightening. Yes this made my highlights list. I love it and wonder why I didn’t do it earlier.
- Attended a fancy pants Ball in a red dress and felt like a million bucks.
- Discovered a Facebook group where pre-loved Camilla dresses are sold. Bought quite a few.
- Went on a hot air balloon ride. Very surreal and peaceful
- Caught up with my girlfriends regularly. Another one from my goal list. Yay
- Helped over 120 people achieve their health and fitness goals with my online coaching programs. Including First steps to Fasting, Fat Flush and Mindset and Motivation Make-over.
- Always enjoyable catching up with my face 2 face fitness crew on Saturdays and Tuesday mornings.
- Ran a live LUNCH and LEARN workshop at a local café. On Intermittent Fasting. A big success. I would really love to do more of this in the future.
- Did more Facebook livestream video lessons. This was on my goal list for the year, so big tick.
- I was a bit slack in the blog writing department in 2017, but these were my favourites..
What’s planned for my 2018?
I have written myself up an 18 in 2018 list.
Now to get onto that for the next blog post.
A couple of last points..
- Going back over the highlights of the year has given me such a boost. I might have only remembered some worries and troubles otherwise. I highly recommend you try it, even if its simply with pen and paper.
- Thank goodness for Facebook. My memory is not what it used to be. Looking over my FB photos was a great way to recall the good times.
A big warm thank you to YOU.
If you are reading this, then I consider you to be part of my fitness coaching community.
You guys are why I do what I do and share content that might entertain, inspire and educate.
Have a wonderful, healthy and safe 2018.