When I was a young and inexperienced trainer, I followed and believed some of these out-dated rules for fat loss. I even told my clients that this was the best way to go for the best results.
Now, with many years of experience I realise that these rules are not necessary and may even do more to hinder your fat loss goals than help. I have a passion to get this message out, so that people can stop wasting their time and making their fat loss journey way more complicated than it needs to be.
If you are going to put in the time and effort to get fitter, healthier and leaner, I want to make sure you get the desired result.
STOP wasting time and effort on un-necessary steps and rules.
I am sure you will be familiar with at least some of these..
Out-dated rules of fat loss
- you must eat “clean” for fat loss
- you must eat 5 – 6 small meals to boost your metabolism
- you must eat low fat
- you must exercise every day
- you must focus on exercise that burns the most calories
- you can never include a treat food
- you must live on chicken, broccoli and egg whites
- you must not eat carbohydrates at night time
- you must do squats for a great butt
- you must give up sugar
The plan with the LEAST disruption from your current life
is usually the one that works best long term.
You can and should –
- include some of your favourite foods and meals that feel normal. Home made pizza is one of mine
- move your body regularly (in what ever way you like)
- eat to your natural hunger patterns instead of eating by the clock
- focus on short bursts of exercise that work and over load all your muscle groups (3 x week is fine)
- refrain from labelling foods “good” and “bad” and beat yourself up with guilt
*** NOTE – I am not saying that the old out-dated rules won’t result in fat loss. I am just saying that it doesn’t have to be so hard or so complicated.
Think of it like this..
You set out on a journey to get from point A to point B. You can take the simplest route and put one foot in front of the other until you get there. Yes it still requires some effort and time, of course. Or you can complicate your journey by hopping on one leg, closing one eye and spinning round in circles. Both options may get you there, but wouldn’t you rather simplify it all?
** Hey, if you find this information useful, it would be great if you could “share” it with your friends.
- How to lose 1kg per week. A step by step guide
- Carbs, calories and weight loss explained
- The truth about your metabolism – aka does eating breakfast really kick-start it?
- Wanna lose weight? Don’t quit any food until you try this.
- Work with me on your weight loss goal